December 28, 2008

leaving on a jet plane

So I have decided I need a change and that change will take place in the town of Changhua, Taiwan. That's right I am officially on the payroll as a teacher of English, a language which I have barely mastered myself. I leave on Monday at 3:00 a.m. to catch a flight in Las Vegas and fly for who knows how long to get to Taipei sometime around the next day, who can even figure out all of these time differences. I am almost sure that I will get chosen for an invasive strip search while at the airport, they say they are random, but come on. I hope that I don't offend too many Asians, but most assuredly I will. I also hope that I don't get arrested during my stay because I won't have anyone to call, I have yelled wolf one too many times if you know what I mean. Nobody will even believe me, plus who is going to fly to Taiwan to bail me out?

2 comments:

  1. Mostly I don't need to post a comment since I kind of forced you into this Asian blog and was there when you posted your first post. I just wanted to be the first to leave a comment. Just one question, can we still continue to be friends even though you are in Asia? Also, what is the likliehood (sorry can't spell) that you will marry a rich factory worker and invite me over to Taiwan (and pay for the trip) for a high class wedding? These are important questions that deserve an answer, the people have a right to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know that I will fly to Taiwan to bail you out! I totally forgot you were leaving so soon! I got some text from Dane last night, but I thought it was a dream because I was asleep, guess not. You little teacher you! You're going to be great! I'll check back frequently, but I am a little ashamed that your blog is so much cuter than mine...

    ReplyDelete

Background

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter