April 23, 2009

It's Raining Men

Well I never thought I would be teaching English in Taiwan. I also never thought I would be on a poster advertising for teaching English. Here is a picture of our of the teachers and of coarse the first time I flash an Asian peace sign it is captured and then distributed. I was thinking to myself I find it funny that I am an English teacher. I mean I am still working on my English I was raised in southern Utah so I have had a few challenges. I find that grammar can be very frustrating to explain to these little Asians. They always ask teacher "why that way" I of coarse say well it is "why is it that way?" like I really know what I am talking about. I just tell them that is just how it is and who knows why. On Monday one of my students swore in class and I said Wilson! do you kiss your mother with that mouth? He said Teacher I do not kiss my mother that is gross. Well Wilson that is good because you have a dirty mouth. I really wanted to say by the way its shit not shita get it right. I mean if they go to America and they are speaking I just don't want them to be getting made fun of. I figure that I am just doing my job. I also teach my students more slang than I should. Another story about teaching small children is to always be aware that they are always listening. It was raining very hard most of the day on Monday. I was in the teachers area and started singing its raining men hallelujah its raining men. Then my student Ella was coloring in the lobby area and all the sudden I hear her saying "its raining men" the secretary immediately came back and gave me a look. I started laughing and I said sorry penny I then went and told Ella oh we don't say that. So I guess I should not be singing any songs that we don't want any little Asians repeating to their parents.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is so funny. You are famous, learning English, and teaching kids dirty songs! SWEEEEEEEET!

    ReplyDelete

Background

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter