May 24, 2009

Hot Pot

I have gotten behind on blogging so I am doing some major updating. Me and some friends decided to do some hot pot. This would be my second time doing hot pot. The first time did not go so well. Mainly because I was lost. They bring out a plate of things for you to add into this pot and I didn't know what to add first. Do you add the vegetables or do you just go in straight for the meat? I was very worn out by the end of this and I leaned over to the secretary that rarely speaks English and say. This is a lot of work! At least I am getting a lemon grass facial. The steam is rising up in my face and it happens to be a lemon grass hot pot that I ordered which was very refreshing especially for my face. This time I was with Derek, Molly, Rebeckah, Adam, Sarah and Leslie. These are the people that I do not get nervous around so I felt like I could let my hair down. I just added all the stuff in. After the whole meal was complete I ate as much as I could. They bring out this coconut ice with tapioca balls and crispy cereal on top. It is quite delicious. After we had hot pot we decided to head over to the night market. Going to the night market is always entertaining. Mainly because we get a lot of stares and pointing. If you want really cheap food you go to the night market. They have a variety of food. Some I don't prefer to try. Like barbecued squid on a stick. I mean who doesn't like a good bbq squid? They also have good fruit drinks and cheap clothes. My roommate made the comment to me that I always get free stuff and deals on everything. I thought about it and then said well maybe they think oh this girl needs some free stuff and then they look at you and say oh this girl is loaded. She said I don't think so. I said maybe it is because of the way I say ni hao meaning like I am the ditsiest girl and then I smile. This has definitely worked to my advantage. The other day I bought some shoes. They were priced at 400 Taiwanese dollars. I made eye contact and smiled and said how about 300? She looked at me and said you nice American girl I give it to you for 300. Which is about nine American dollars. I am all about getting a good deal apparently I know how to work the system.

2 comments:

  1. You work that system Hanna. Especially learn how to work it really well so when Kirstan and I come to visit you will have it all worked out. (ooh, I bet Kirstan will get buttloads of free stuff because she is so fair and tall and I will probably have to pay extra).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hanna I saw you had a blog on Kim's computer. I look forward to following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Background

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter