June 1, 2009

Holiday

This week was the Dragon boat festival. Which means holiday. So pretty much I spent a lot of money on unnecessary things. I went to Tainan and did some sight seeing and we tried to make it back to Lukang for the Dragon Boat Festival. I should probably not be allowed to leave my apartment because when we were headed back to Lukang I asked for a ticket to Changhua. Which I miss pronounced and we ended up going farther south when we wanted to go north. I strongly dislike trying to speak Chinese. Mainly because it is very difficult and my mouth doesn't move that way. While trying to get to Lukang we were waiting in line to catch the bus and this little girl came up to us. This is the second time I have seen this little girl. She comes up to me and just is talking a mile a minute in Chinese of coarse like I am fluent in it. The funny thing is I acted like I knew how to speak Chinese and I was actually attempting the language with her. So I am wearing a silk dress so of coarse this little girl is all over me. The funny thing is before moving to Taiwan this might have alarmed me but now it doesn't even phase me. The girl just keeps talking to me. I totally act like I know exactly what she is talking about. She then gets into the squat position and look at me legs then looks under my dress. By the way there are about 30 Asians watching and I hear a bunch of girls giggling. I also did the shoulder shrug like well I am sure it is not like she hasn't seen it before. I also said Whoa girl there are not snacks under there. She keeps talking and then says bye bye. I got a lot of laughs from the people in line. We then finally made it to Lukang. We missed the boat races but everyone said that I did not miss much. Then on Saturday me Sarah and Leslie headed back down to Tainan to do some more sight seeing and do go dancing. Tainan is a way cute city. It has the oldest temple in Taiwan and it is a college town so there are a lot of college students and foreigners. Oh and awesome food. Who doesn't like shrimp wrapped bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter