June 9, 2009

Glass Factory

On Sunday Sarah, Leslie and I went on a home visit. We started out the home visit with playing the Wii. There is nothing like being surrounded by little Asian children and adults cheering you on while trying to do your best dance moves. There is nothing more funny and humiliating at the same time. So we eventually headed for the glass factory. The mom was so hilarious she is quite a bargain shopper. You can also tell that she desperately needs to hang out with some females. She has two very rambunctious boys and a husband that was falling asleep every two seconds. Usually during home visits I try to spend time with the students but I could tell she just needed to talk my ear off. So we are at the glass museum which is a factory. It was pretty cool to see exactly what you could do with glass. At the end of the tour you get to walk on broken glass. Which most of the Asians didn't even flinch. Me on the other hand has very sensitive feet. At the end of the trail of glass we were rewarded with nothing other than a green bean ice pop. Yeah you heard me right. I have never really liked green beans I always tried to get out of eating them at dinner. I come to Taiwan and they are serving them as popsicles as a dessert. Now that is sick. Of coarse like a good little sport. I said thank you and tried my best to finish the green little pop. I thought to myself maybe that is why Asians are so skinny they think that green beans are dessert. I guess they haven't heard of my friends Ben and Jerry. Anyways we then had pork steamed buns then some stinky tofu to end the evening. Oh and did I mention throughout the home visit I was getting squished by two Asian boys. They definitely are heavier than they look.

1 comment:

Background

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter