June 7, 2009

The Children Have Gone Wild! Well I Guess More Like The Teacher

Well at the school that I am working at every year they have what is called spectacular. This is where the children sing and do plays for their parents while speaking English the whole entire time. I have been working with my class trying to teach them some acting skills. I mean people have told me that I am a good actress and that I give some great facial expressions.
The other day I got a comment from one of my students saying teacher you make interesting faces. We have been working hard in class and on our play so I decided to take my students to McDonald's. Just so everyone is aware. I strongly dislike going to McDonald's but if it motivates my students to do well I am willing to go. So we went and I think this is probably the happiest I have seen my students. My students are just as crazy as I am. One of my students just kept taking pictures of me and I finally had to say to stop and to eat their food. I just don't understand why children love McDonald's so much. Maybe I would enjoy Taiwanese McDonald's more if they had the all white meat chicken nuggets.So every Friday we go to the park to practice our stuff. This park is usually packed with people. While we walk to the park which is about three blocks away from the school. The kids just complain about how far it is. When we are walking to the park I usually get a lot of Hello's from people. One boy told me teacher do you know him. I said no. Well teacher you should not talk to strangers. Practicing performing in a park is just a great idea to get the children used to performing in front of a crowd.
Also I am getting them used to being embarrassed. I was talking to my students and a little Taiwanese child came running towards us and he made eye contact with me and made an abrupt stop. The funny thing was is that my students said teacher do not move you could scare the child. I said should I say BOO? Teacher do not scare. Practicing at the park in front of large crowds is always a good idea. Mainly it is because I am preparing these children for real life embarrassment. Like remember we had to practice that dumb play in English in front of everyone.
While I was teaching my students how to be dramatic. They said teacher people are staring at us. Why are they staring at us? I said it well it is because I am white. I don't know if you noticed. I kind of stick out (as you can see in the photos of me and my students). I then proceeded to ask should I sing and dance for everyone? I quickly turn around and start doing a little clogging like back in my American clogger days. Some of my students said teacher no! It was quite funny I love embarrassing my students mainly due to the fact of who do I have to impress.

2 comments:

  1. Hanna, are you wearing a painting smock or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are halarious. I love to embarress my students too...they think I am really crazy, but it is all good. I can just imagine them being embarressed of you dancing in the park. And I love how you blamed the staring on you being white. You are the best teacher ever! :)

    ReplyDelete

Background

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter