January 22, 2009

Today after having a long day teaching I decided to go get a massage. So I asked Sherri where would be a good place to get a massage? She said "do you like rough" I said excuse me? Do you like the kind that they barely touch and you listen to music? I thought to myself well I don't want a happy ending but I would like to feel less tense. I said I just need a good massage. She tells me where to go so me and my roommate decide to go get a real Taiwanese massage. When we arrived I started to all the sudden get nervous. First of all because this is because I am in a foreign country and I don't know how things roll like what all is entailed in a massage. My roommate and I enter the massage parlor. I notice that he has crazy eyes and he is 2 inches away from the TV. I kept thinking I can back out at any time. I then thought but I should be adventurous and the massage was only 8 American dollars. I was trying to be optimistic about the situation thinking it is all about the experience. I immediately knew that this would be my masseuse. One guy speaks very little English. He points to me and I got a little scared I lay face down on the table I was so happy that I could wear my clothes. He then started the massage. I kept thinking mid way through that I was going to die. I just made sure to keep breathing. I then thought to myself Oh my I'm paying for this which is actually really cheap. I kept thinking I wonder how many bruises will I have tomorrow? The massage was more bitter sweet. It did feel good at times and now I can actually sit up straight now. The head guy(minus crazy eye) kept saying you hard as table you hard as table meaning my back and that I am tense. He then decided to begin karate chopping me to get the knots out. The first picture is him finding a huge knot and the second one is pretty much priceless. Lets just say that there is no longer a knot in my back and that I now have better posture. And They also gave us a lot of tea and said drink lots of water and I think he showed me some neck stretches I am now suppose to be doing. He then pointed to me and said beautiful girl I see you next week. Apparently I'm a little tense so now I will continue to get a weekly massage so I might loosen up a little. Apparently we had quite the connection.

4 comments:

  1. Funny, I just had a dream that I got an amazing massage last night. So while I dream about things you are going out and making them happen, I really do have to live my life through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was worth the "Beautiful girl" right?
    You are one brave girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanna! You are halarious! I miss you and I hope your Taiwan adventure continues to go well! Looks like you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hanna--This is Annie Draper...your long lost roommate! I was thinking about you earlier today and I thought I should give that girl a call. Then I went to a party and I saw one of your old friends...and she told me that you had a blog! How fun that you are in Taiwan with a fun adventure. When I started reading about the massage I laughed out loud--since I assumed it was similar to Thailand...and it is! I would pay double for a massage like that! I am excited to read your adventures! Keep in touch. My sister and I have a blog...dynamicdraperduo.blogspot.com...I would love to hear from you! Annie :)

    ReplyDelete

Background

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter