February 1, 2009

Taipei Baby




During the Chinese New Year we traveled to Taipei. We got on the train and had standing tickets on the high speed rail. I just don't know how these Asians can do it. I mean my out of shape American legs couldn't take the strain. While traveling I noticed a small Asian(when I say this it means smaller than the Asian norm) man in the corner. He was folded straight up literally the only reason I noticed him was because of the consistent belching which the Asians don't hold back at all. I also noticed a man hitting his legs so of coarse maybe this will help. I gave it a shot and while trying to get my leg muscles to relax. I kept thinking to myself when I come back to work and they notice all these bruises on my body what I am I going to say? Maybe I could tell them I got in an Asian gang fight in the brothel district or I was fighting over a pair of shoes for a killer price. The hitting of my legs helped and after a 2 1/2 ride we arrived. We then bought a MRT pass and headed to the Taipei 101. We made it and took some pictures and did a lot of shopping. Then we went to find a place to eat. Of coarse we went straight for Chili's as soon as we say the sign I started singing "I want my baby back baby back ribs". American food never tasted better and it helped that we had a highly attractive waiter named Anders. My roommates said to me Hanna you meet people everywhere you go. This usually works in my favor. After Chili's we got back on the MRT and we were going to try to catch the late train back home. But of coarse we got lost and I met a nice friend named Richard who works for one of the baseball teams. I made sure to snap a picture of our new friend on the way to the night market. We went to this huge night market and the shopping was outrageous. My favorite part of the evening would have to have been that we saw an albino Asian. Yeah you heard me right an albino Asian. I couldn't believe my eyes. I did a double take and I immediately went for my camera and I couldn't find it. I was so disappointed. After the intense shopping we headed back to the MRT which we found out closes at 1. So we wandered back to the station and ended up at the grand hotel. It was amazing which you can see in the picture. I'm not sure that we were suppose to be on the premises but were Americans we don't know any better. They immediately called a taxi for us. When We arrived we realized that the train station closes at one and that it doesn't open until five. So we went to good old McDonald's. We ordered us a cup of hot coco and slept in McDonald's. Please do not be alarmed a lot of stranded/homeless Asians are doing it too. Apparently it quite the hot spot to sleep if only there had been a play place it would have really topped off the night. We finally made it on the seven train back home. Its also good to know that if you are ever stranded in a foreign city you can just stop by the local McDonald's and sleep there because lets face it its a whole lot cheaper!





1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks so sleek, did you get some special Asian hair cream that makes it look that way? Just remember your promise to your cousin even though I know it is hard for you not to cut your hair often, best of luck in the new year!

    ReplyDelete

Background

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter