July 9, 2009

Some Of My Favorite Little Asians

So teaching the SPE students I have some of my favorites. I taught this groups the majority of the time. This was their last day at the school. Here are some of my favorite students. One is Eric (he is in the front left) he is so excited about learning English and he has a cute British accent because he went to a cram school where British teachers taught him. He gets so excited that it is hard to understand him because he is laughing so hard. One day as my class was getting ready to line up to go. I said to my students if you are wearing white you may line up. He proceeds to line up and one of the girls says Eric you no white you no white. He keeps laughing and says Yes Yes and then drops his pants. There Eric is in his little Asian whitey tighties while laughing saying teacher i have a white. I then say yes you do now pull up your pants.
Then there is William. The photo above is of William and his big gulp sized coke slurpee. He has severe ADHD and is a lot of fun. I always think to myself If I were ever to have a child this is what it would turn out to be. A very hyperactive child who is very entertaining. He has a hard time staying in his chair and I have to repeatedly remind him to sit down. Did I mention that I also have a hard time sitting down as well. William is pretty fast on his feet. It is not uncommon for him to jump out of his chair hop on my back and start giving me a massage. I usually have to get after him and say William get back in your chair. I do have to admit he has definitely improved on his back massage. I also like to tease William. I will say to him William did you say Chinese? He says teacher I dont know Chinese. I always think to myself man that must suck for him. He is the most entertaining student I might just be bored with out him.
Next is Jerry. Featured above and below. He is the most awkward little Asian I have seen. He has glasses and has a longer neck compared to his classmates. He is adorable and hilarious. He wants everyone to follow the rules especially William. It is not uncommon for Jerry to hit William in the stomach for jumping up and down and not folding his arms. William will yell teacher Jerry hit me. Most of the time William is pretty resilient and he just keeps on going. I always say Jerry don't hit anyone. He always replies with the ok Teacher Hanna with a big grin. I laugh at this every time. Mainly because things would really go out of control if it were not for Jerry. One day we were in the gym playing soccer and Jerry got hit in the face by one of the other students. His glasses got lodged down and he went to push them back up and the eye pads got stuck in both of his nostrils so when he turned to me to tell him what had happened. I tried the hardest not to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter