August 22, 2009

So Many Toilets

Oh how the Asians love poop. So I hung out with Colin and Janae and we decided to go shopping at Chongyo department store in Taichung. So we are checking out everything and they said oh you have to see these bathrooms. Every bathroom has a theme. I checked out the fish one, Basketball, Coca-Cola and the Jungle. Which there were a lot more bathrooms that I could have seen but we just didn't have the time. Viewing all of these bathrooms I asked them about a restaurant called the Modern Toilet. We decided that since we were viewing all of these bathrooms we might as well go eat at the modern Toilet. The Asians are very funny about poop. They love it and giggle over it. They even make candy resembling it. I of course was very curious about this place so I had to see what all the fuss was about. You sit on toilets while you eat food that is served to you in a mini toilet. They also sell specialty drinks that are served in what looks like a toilet cleaner container. So of course we a took a lot of pictures but every Asian would sit on the toilets and make a grimacing face as they took the picture. The restaurant was funny and the food was very tasty. I will definitely be going back. Oh and to top it off I saw one of the things I love most at least top of the list next to fat Asian babies. An Asian midget if I only would have had the courage to get a picture.

Under the sea theme


Jungle this was a family bathroom notice how small the toilet is and it is actually a frog



Coca-cola bathroom


Basket ball bathroom


Pulling up a seat at Modern Toilet



The main dish



Dessert was ice cream in a squatter dish



Urinal drinks


There is nothing quite like sipping ice cold cranberry green tea out of a urinal


3 comments:

  1. How come when you watch travel shows they never say anything about the asians and their toilet fetish? How was the food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny, I think I need to take Evee to Taiwan. She loves poop. I have even caught her playing with hers a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete

Background

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter