March 27, 2009

Amway

So on Tuesdays it is my early day. I get off of work around 2. So this is the day that I do all my errands. I helped my friend molly move some desks to storage and then we headed to costco for some shopping. We were pretty hungry so we headed straight for the samples. In costco they have the longest lines for some free food. The thing about molly is she has quite the appetite. She said to me Hanna I will get samples from this line and you go there. So I of coarse did what I was told. I had a list of things that I needed to purchase and Molly checked out my list which contained mascera, mousse, face wash, skin care products. She said I know where you can find this and good stuff too. All the sudden I am in the Amway store trying all of these products from Brenda. In Asia Amway is a pretty big deal. The other day I was getting some food on food street and a bubbly little Asian named Shawn did some magic tricks making the products appear in mid air. I would have bought some products off of him but I didn't have much money on me. I thought it was a brilliant way to showcase Amway's latest products. Brenda of coarse gave me a tour of the place. This included learning the history of Amway and how great their products are. I looked at charts and pictures of all the whiteys back in America. I also thought she was going to ask me if I might be related to some of the founders. The funny thing is all the sudden Brenda says "you try" she puts these claps on my wrists and I keep thinking is she going to shock me. Molly then asks how much do you weigh. I tell her and she says hold still. A paper prints out and Molly looks at it and says you just a little overweight. The funny thing is is that I have lost around 15 pounds since living in Taiwan. After I got the results of knowing that I am a little overweight of coarse I say is this on Asia's standards? They say no. I said well how can Amway help me out with this one. I then gave Brenda a list of items that I need to buy. She shows me the products and tests them on me and then would say I'll take it! I would occasionally ask how much the product would cost. Brenda I could tell loved my attitude about the products she probably thought that this was the easiest sell of the day. She then commented to Molly about my skin and decides that it is okay to thoroughly examine me. That is the thing with Asians they don't have a bubble but I didn't put up a fight because we were on Asian Amway turf. The thing about my skin is is that it has been freaking out and I'm willing to give anything a try. I have developed red bumps on my skin and the bugs are eating me alive. I am constantly itchy. My student Ella(6) said teacher I know why bugs like us it is because we are so sweet. Ella and Minnie also asked the other day teacher does your mom and dad have red bumps on their skin like you? I replied no they don't. The Amway crew decided that the best product they could offer me was their brand of olive oil. They recommended bathing in it and drinking 1 tablespoon a day. The thought of me applying olive oil on my skin instantly made me feel oily. I told them that I already have a bottle at home and that I would try it. However I have not but I did pick up some cetaphil from costco I hope that works. I also think that I might be allergic to pineapple which would be very tragic because that is mostly what my diet has consisted of lately the pineapple here is so good I think that I might have to sacrifice dry itchy skin once in awhile for the sweet goodness.

3 comments:

  1. I am sure it is an easy sell. I have seen you almost buy worthless crap off early morning infomercials. Try to stay out of high sell areas because it could be dangerous to your budget. Especially if the person selling to you gives you a smile or sad eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to a taiwan amway..sounds exciting and what an adventure. Also, if mallory reads this...where is your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, I don't have a blog because I am not married, don't have any kids and I am not on an exciting mission to save all the Asians from only speaking one language. My life is boringsville.

    ReplyDelete

Background

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter