March 29, 2009

Taiwan Folk Village

Today I went on a home visit with Sarah, Ivy and her family. All I knew was that we were going to have to get up early and we were going to some type of an amusement park. So I'm just going to go over some of the highlights of the day. At one point in the day it started to rain and the Taiwanese do not like the rain they immediately run for cover. We stood under a canopy thing and waited. Sarah and I noticed that everyone was staring at us as usual. We then told Ivy about how we get stared at and usually there is a lot of pointing. She then would stop and say they are staring at us and then she would point at them. She said why are they looking at us. I wanted to tell her well Ivy I guess you didn't know that you have freaks for teachers(Im just kidding) Sarah of coarse said well we are american and we look different. The funny thing is I get a lot of questions from my students. One student asked me teacher why does your toe go the other way. I immediately said well when I was a little girl I was in school and I was not listening to the teacher and the teacher threw the book at my foot and ever since then it decided to grow the other way(this never happened I was just doing a little scare tactic). The girl was eating up the story and said teacher oh so bad. I then said I know now I know that it is always a good idea to listen to your teacher. She said yes it is. The show consisted of Asian acrobats with mullets that were jump roping and in between would do subtle movements that I am just going to consider dancing. It took everything in me to not laugh out loud. The show had a lot of variety one guy came out and juggled things he also juggled with ping pong balls he would spit them up into the air and pop another in his mouth while continuing to juggle. I was so amazed. There were also two Asian twins I really am not sure if they are twins but I couldn't distinguish which was which. It was a little on the disturbing side how flexible they were. There were also the Asian males that were showing how flexible and how strong they were. One was balancing the other on top of his head. I of coarse asked Ivy so which one is teacher Sarah's boyfriend she said the one on the bottom. She then said the one on the top was my boyfriend. Did I mention that the one on the top has a mullet the picture really doesn't give it justice. I mean who doesn't like a good mullet it is pretty universal. Business in front and a party in the back. Of coarse they do not allow flash photography but I have noticed that most Asians do not follow the rules. By the end of the show I didn't want to break Ivy's little heart and say I don't think they are interested in women but I just went along with it. I said so should we go say hello to our new boyfriends? She said no I then said that's probably a good idea. After a long day of being disturbed I thought maybe I should take up a juggling at least I could entertain some of my students.

2 comments:

  1. Hanna did you get to meet the prime minister of malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanna, I have been such a bad blogger lately. The time I used to spend on the computer I now spend sleeping, I went through and read all your posts a couple of nights ago. I am so jealous it sounds like it has been a really cool experience for you. When are you coming back? I am glad that everything is going well. p.s. you look great!

    ReplyDelete

Background

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter